Life-changing arts and culture.
Dallas offers an art experience for every taste rom fine art to the performing arts, opera, ballet, symphony and more. And it’s all just 15 minutes away, beginning in downtown Dallas.
Dallas Arts District
Truly, the wonders never do cease in the wondrously, wonderfully walkable Dallas Arts District. Explore 20 city blocks spreading over 68 acres in the largest urban arts district in America where treasures await discovery inside and out. (In fact, the richness of the architecture rates its own walking tour!)
A few highlights:
- The Dallas Museum of Art: Massive and magnificent. One of the 10 largest art museums in the nation, with a collection of art that stretches back 5,000 years.
- The Nasher Sculpture Center: Dazzling. A 55,000-square-foot glittering glass palace housing one of the world’s finest collections of modern sculpture.
- The Crow Collection of Asian Art: Timeless. A collection of treasures that span from modern day back to 3500 BC.
- AT&T Performing Arts Center: Putting drama on display. A 10-acre district within the District that doesn’t stint on the drama, from the brilliant ruby-red exterior of the Winspear Opera House to the moveable indoor feast of the Wyly Theatre. Also encompassing Strauss Square and Sammons Park, the Center is a nexus of talent and genius, a nationally renowned venue for performance, home to the Dallas Theatre Center, The Dallas Opera, Texas Ballet Theatre, Dallas Black Dance Theatre and the Anita N. Martinez Ballet Folklorico.
Must-see museums include:
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science is home to 11 permanent exhibit halls and a variety of traveling exhibits, where hands-on learning equals hands-on fun.
- Dallas World Aquarium offers a well-stocked underwater wonderland, featuring everything from rare iron butterfly fish to brown sharks, with delights that also include an above-water rain forest.
- George W. Bush Presidential Library engages American history at the highest level in a library designed and assembled to the highest standards of quality.
- Frontiers of Flight is an exciting family favorite located at historic Love Field.